The sweet treat is not only reserved for fall. It’s a perfect warm dessert for those cold winter days!
7-8 medium-sized Granny Smith apples
3/4 cups of brown sugar
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp melted butter
1 9 inch unbaked pie shell (or 2 if you want to cover the top of the pie)
1. Peel, core, and slice 7-8 Granny Smith apples. Set aside.
2. Blend together 3/4 c sugar, 1/2 tsp lemon zest, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and 1 Tbsp melted butter.
3. Toss apples and sugar mixture. Put apple mixture in 9 inch unbaked pie shell.
4. Optional: cover Apple mixture with another unbaked pie crust and brush with approximately 1 Tbsp melted butter.
5. Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes.
6. Lower temperature to 350 F and bake 35-40 minutes.
7. Enjoy a slice of plain pie or with vanilla ice cream on top!