Wine bottles can be beautiful and unique. Others hold special memories. You can hold on to those memories a longer by reusing them in your home or garden. For example, you can easily use your empty bottles as vases for your flowers. Sea glass and coastal colors really inspired me this week, so I’m giving you a tutorial on how to make your own sea glass bottles:
1. Wash your clear empty bottles and let them soak in warm soapy water for 30 minutes.
2. Peel off the labels and let the bottles dry by turning them upside down on a dish drying rack.
3. In a well-ventilated area, pray your bottles with Krylon Sea Foam spray. I found it on amazon! https://www.amazon.com/…/dp/B00VU4MSI2/ref=as_li_ss_tl…
4. After the spray paint dries, spray Polyurethane to protect the paint. You can also find this on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/…/dp/B000M2XXBO/ref=as_li_ss_tl…
5. Starting at the bottom, draw the hot glue on the surface of the bottle in circles. Slowly wrap the twine around the bottle and hold it in place and repeat.
6. Let the glue sit for 5 minutes.
Add some Garden Gazebo mermaid decor around your bottles, like this Mermaid Material sign, and you have your own coastal hideaway!