Minty Pistachio Vegan Ice Cream 🍨
It’s St. Patrick’s Day today, which is a day to celebrate the color green but also a time to remember your blessings. Now, more than ever, it’s important to spend time with your loved ones. So, get your whole family involved in making this healthy, green treat and have a family movie night!
If you like mint and pistachios, you will enjoy it! Pistachios are one of my favorite nuts, and I love a delicious minty dessert.
You can also place a scoop of this pistachio ice cream between any leftover Thin Mint cookies (These are vegan!) you may have for a healthy twist on ice cream sandwiches!
This recipe is for about 2 servings, but you are welcome to double up on the ingredients to make more!
1/4 – 1/3 cup raw, pre-shelled pistachios
1/4 cup milk (I use vanilla almond or coconut milk!)
1/3 of a ripe avocado
Fresh mint leaves from your garden (or you can purchase them at your local grocery store)
Optional 1/2 tsp of almond extract
Handful of crushed pistachios
1. Blend the milk and pistachios in your food processor for 30 seconds.
2. Add the avocado, bananas, mint leaves, and optional almond extract to the processor and mix using the lowest setting until you get a creamy consistency.
If you want to make the ice cream:
1. Pour the mixture into a pan and top with the crushed pistachios.
2. Place the pan in the freezer overnight
3. When you want to eat the ice cream, remove the pan from the freezer and let thaw for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Break the desired amount into chunks and re-blend for 10-15 seconds or until smooth
If you want to make the Pistachio Mint Sandwich:
1. Place a tablespoon of ice cream on one Thin Mint cookie
2. Top with another cookie, and press the cookies together
3. Roll the cookie in the crushed pistachios
4. Repeat with the other sets of cookies
5. Place the sandwiches in the freezer for 30 minutes
Want another delicious, green treat? Check out our recipe for a mint chocolate chip smoothie!